People give to Urbana Theological Seminary for a variety of reasons. Consider the following eternal and immediate benefits as motivations for your gifts.
Give to Strengthen Urbana Theological SeminaryA gift to Urbana Theological Seminary will help to improve the academic and student programs, as well as the caliber of teaching and research carried out. This in turn will enhance the school's ability to recruit more talented students and faculty. Success builds upon success and a degree from Urbana Theological Seminary will keep growing in value.
Give in AppreciationMany donate to the Seminary in gratitude for God's work in their own lives, or as a means of expressing thanks for how the Lord has impacted their own lives through the ministry of an Urbana Theological Seminary student, faculty, or graduate. Others might want to ensure that future students will have the opportunity to experience an Urbana Theological Seminary education and its benefits. A gift might memorialize a particular person whose impact was felt in the life of the donor.
Invest in the future of Christ's KingdomA gift to Urbana Theological Seminary is a means of investing in the future of the church and the spread of the kingdom of Christ. A donation to Urbana Theological Seminary will impact the life of students who are enrolled, both now and over the years to come. This creates a "ripple effect," in that a gift to the Seminary will touch the lives of those that the student will minister to over the course of a career. The impact of these gifts may be hard to quantify at the time they are donated, but may be very far-reaching in the decades to come. One gift may enable a student to gain needed education today. Over the next several decades that one student may impact the lives of hundreds, or literally thousands, of people for Christ.
- Tax and Income Benefits
Donors to Urbana Theological Seminary may benefit from:
- Income tax savings through a charitable deduction for the value of the gift
- Life income for themselves and/or others through life income grants
- The possibility of higher spendable income from life income gift arrangements
- Elimination of a federal estate tax on the value of a gift coming to Urbana Theological Seminary under a will or a revocable trust
- Possible reduction in estate administration costs
- Avoidance of capital gains tax on gifts of appreciated securities and property