Online RegistrationStudents wanting to take a course through Urbana Theological Seminary are required to register online through Urbana Seminary's College Management Software, Populi.
How to RegisterHave you ever taken a course (credit or audit) with Urbana Theological Seminary before?
- YES - You can login and register through your Populi student account. If you do not know or remember your login and password please contact Dr. Melody Green at email@example.com.
- NO - You will need to fill out a New Visiting Student Application (using ONLY Internet Explorer) and email it to Dr. Green. Once your information has been processed you will receive a welcome email from Populi which will include your login. You can then login and register.
Important Information Regarding Registration:
Type of Student:
- Program Student - A student who has applied and been accepted into one of the programs at Urbana Seminary. This student is taking courses which will lead to a Masters degree or a Graduate Certificate.
- Visiting Student - A student who wants to take an Urbana Seminary course for graduate credit but has not been accepted into a Urbana Seminary program. This student is required to fill out a New Visiting Student Application before they register for a course. Audit - A student that would like to take an Urbana Seminary course for noncredit.
Type of Enrollment:
- Graduate Credit - Enrolling in a course for graduate credit means you will receive a grade for attending and completing work in the classes. Tuition and fees are required to enroll in a course for graduate credit. You must be a program student or a visiting student to enroll in a course for graduate credit.
- Audit - Enrolling in a course as an audit means you will not receive a grade for attending and completing work in a class. An auditing fee is required to enroll in a course as an audit. Anyone has the option to audit a course.
- Undergraduate Credit - An articulation agreement with Parkland Community College has been finalized so that Urbana Seminary can offer courses for undergraduate credit. Enrolling in a course for undergraduate credit means you will receive a grade for attending and completing work in the classes. Tuition and fees are required to enroll in a course for undergraduate credit.
Changes in Registration (Add/Drop Period)
- Add - A student may add classes through the second week of class. During this time, a student may add a course without penalty by registering for the class through their student account. Courses may not be added after the end of the Add/Drop period.
- Change from Credit to Audit or Audit to Credit - A student may change status in a class or classes through the second week of class. During this time, a student may change status in a course without penalty by changing their enrollment through their student account. Courses may not be change from audit to credit or vise versa after the end of the Add/Drop period.
- Drop - A student may drop a class through the second week of classes. During this time, a student may drop a course without penalty by changing their enrollment through their student account. Absence from class sessions does not constitute withdrawal from a class for which the student is registered.
Students wanting to drop their courses after the close of the Add/Drop period, but before the close of the ninth week of class, must fill out a change of registration form and secure the approval of the professor involved before returning the form to the Seminary office. If a student chooses to drop a class after the end of the Add/Drop period, any liable tuition will be based on a pro-rated scale. For more information see Refund Deadlines. Students who drop a course through the ninth week of class will receive a W on the semester grade report and transcript. If a student drops a course after the ninth week of the semester for reasons other than health and emergency, the grade of F will be assigned.
If you have any questions regarding registration contact Dr. Melody Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.